7.04.2008

Returning Home




I'm sitting here at OAKBRIDGE where I will be spending the next 5 weeks (My bride will be with me for 3 of those weeks...) and I am currently printing off paper maps of a Sand Castle, Slip n Slide, Pool game funtastic madness that will occur tomorrow at 10am.  I am struck by the images of watching 109 Jr. High kids run free in organized chaos that we have created for them.  Then I think about my ridiculously warm wool head piece that I wear as I turn into my alter ego - Capt. Caffeine!  (I have a friend who loves Starbucks so much, I think he is the real Capt. Caffeine...).  

Laura and I have been witness to many hard to explain, hard to understand and even hard to swallow things in 2008.  From family issues to deaths of friends to the loss of a job to many other things... God has asked us to be patient and wait for him.  

In the past 3 weeks I have watched my family have their first ever FAMILY BIBLE STUDY that I was privileged enough to lead.  It was a blessing and an indescribable joy to lead that.  We have watched Laura's sisters ask many questions about Christ and ask for us to buy them bibles so they can read and start to know God.  I have seen a guy from Cave Creek named Marcus who has been on my prayer list for over a year accept Christ, learn more about his faith and come with me to serve for a month - all in less than 3 weeks!  

God, I will wait.  I will wait as long as you ask.  
"The Lord is not slow in keeping his promises, as some [Named Joey Colletti] understand slowness.  He is patient with you, not wanting anyone [my family, Laura's sisters or my YL friends] to perish, but everyone to come to repentance [Turning to God and experiencing his love]." 2nd Peter 3:9

1 comment:

Burke Wilson said...

Hummm....could this be a blog shout out? My grande Pike Place Roast always gets the morning started right.