4.23.2008

A lesson learned... Maybe.

I met with a good friend yesterday and was talking about feeling "drained". He told me that after hearing what has been going on in my life between Young Life, leading 3 bible studies, training a group of HS kids to be leaders, coaching track and field 5 days a week, staying out til midnight on thursdays - that it is no surprise I am tired.

"It's a simple math formula" he said, "You give out and don't get filled back up - therefore after a certain amount of time - you will run out of what you got to give" Hmmmm... thought I. Why didn't I think of that?!

It amazes me how much I allow my world around me to dictate what I want to do with the most precious resource I have - my time.

So tonight, I spent about 45 minutes doing some things I wanted to do...

Here's what occupied some of my thoughts:

I really wish I wasn't a SUNS fan, because then this guy wouldn't bug the crap out of me so much! UGHHHH! Why can't he figure out how to call timeouts, manage the greatest PG of all time and figure out to beat this pizza faced freak!

I also gangked some newbs in some XBOX live with some of my YL guys! (Laura played too... she's really good with a sniper rifle...)

I spent a few minutes continuing my search for a new car... I am pretty sure I want this box
lookin' thing - they are sick and get great gas mileage.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
All in all a good night of relaxation.

1 comment:

Sean said...

I wonder if that will fill you up as you hope. Rest is good, play and 'me' time is good. Maybe if you are empty you need to be filled in other ways too Ps 23:3?